The organizers of the IXth International Walnut and Pecan Nut Symposium are pleased to welcome you to Grenoble, winner of the title of European Green Capital 2022, from June 12th to 16th 2023!
The organizers are committed to taking actions to minimize the negative impacts of the event:
- Limit printing, choose a responsible ecological printer.
- Waste management, implementation the 5R rule (Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Return to the Earth).
- Fight against plastic and single-use items.
- Responsible catering (local, fresh and seasonal products, vegetarian options).
- Fight against food waste. Surpluses will be donated to local associations (we will ask you when you register to let us know if you will not be having lunch there).
- Incentive of public transportation (a conference venue and related activities accessible by public transportation). A transportation pass will be offered to participants for the duration of the symposium.
- Promotion of local partners, especially food producers.
- Accessibility: website accessibility, simultaneous translation, reception of disabled people.
You too can be an actor in this process by implementing the eco-gestures encouraged below!
- Reduce and sort your waste.
- Eat healthy, organic, local: look at the good addresses suggested by the organizing committee to discover typical restaurants and local producers.
- Drink responsibly: bring your own water bottle or cup that you can use at the water fountains. They will be particularly useful during the technical visit and the excursions. (Water during breaks and lunches will be served in glass bottles or carafes).
- Reduce paper consumption.
- Get around by public transport, bicycle or on foot. Use public transport thanks to the TAG network (5 tramlines and 18 bus lines).
- Put your badge and its lanyard in the collection bins provided for this purpose before leaving the congress as they are reusable and reused.
- Travel responsibly by choosing low-carbon modes of transport: find out how much CO2 you emit during your trip.
- Carpool with other delegates using the congress platform.